English Language Storytelling Competition
Submission Deadline: 21st December, 2020
Every Child Has a Story to Tell
Storytelling is an excellent way to unleash a child’s creativity and thinking skills.
Embark on a “tell-a-tale” journey which will certainly ignite the child’s innate curiosity and imagination!
Pick a book from our carefully selected genres and bring the story to life by retelling it either in your version or tell it as it is!
Remember, make it fun, exciting & creative!
Open to all children aged 4-12
FREE Entry. Open to all Malaysian and non-Malaysian children residing in Malaysia.
|Age Group||Books Selection||Time Duration|
|Category A||4-6||After School or Yours or Mine or Hamster Home||90 sec – 2minutes|
|Category B||7-9||Monkey & Crocodile or The Drum or Mystery at Camp White Cloud||max of 3minutes|
|Category C||10-12||Ali Baba or Adventure at the Amazon River or The Monkey’s Paw||max of 6minutes|
How to Participate
Register and download the eBook.
Take a video of your child telling one of the stories based on the age group.
(Stories are to be told, NOT read)
- Upon submission, the submitter agrees to allow mangoSTEEMS the right to promote these videos on social media outlets and the mangoSTEEMS website at the discretion of mangoSTEEMS.
- mangoSTEEMS reserves the right to disqualify a submitted entry if it does not meet the criteria outlined by the competition.
A video storytelling performance of selected e-story books that takes between 90 seconds to 6 minutes to tell.
Storytellers are encouraged to tell the story in their own words to capture the essence of the story rather than learn the story word for word.
The quality of the storytelling performance will be judged, not the quality of the video or filming technique.
Panel of judges will consider Language, Presentation, and Creativity.
- Language (pronunciation, enunciation, stress & rhythm)
- Presentation (body language, expression, emotion)
- Creativity (make the story becomes alive)
The decision of the judges is final.
The winners from each category will be announced and notified on 30th December, 2020.
Director of International
Academics and Curriculum
Learning A-Z, USA
Prizes Per Category
- Winners will be awarded RM150 Cash Prize, 1 year access to Raz-Plus, and an e-Certificate each.
- Top 10 Finalists of each category will be awarded 1 year access to Raz-Plus and e-Certificate.
- All participants will receive an e-certificate of participation.
- Video Submission Deadline: 21st December, 2020*
- Winner Announcement: 30th December, 2020
- Delivery of Prizes: 4th – 8th January, 2021
*All entries received after 21st December, 2020 11:59 PM will be disqualified.